The flare for comedy is perhaps one of the greatest skills that a person can have. A sense of humor is something that comes handy in almost all situations, and although you may not be born with one, you can always learn how to develop that flare for comedy or sense of humor.
Here are some helpful tips that could pave the way for you to learn to develop your sense of humor:
- Watch and learn to observe your surroundings – life provides so many opportunities for you to observe humorous situations and funny moments. The key is to watch and observe your surroundings so you will be privy to all these moments.
- Soak up on humorous materials – movies, television, theatre, stand-up comedy acts, and even YouTube can provide you with life’s greatest humors and you should study these materials, especially if you don’t have that funny bone inside you yet. If you do have that funny bone already, it’s also wise to be able to learn what makes people laugh and what they find annoying.
- Learn to socialize – one of the many ways that you can learn how to have a sense of humor is to learn how to socialize and be able to observe other people who also have a great sense of humor. Aside from this, you can also get some helpful pointers from them. Socializing also enables you to overcome your shyness and become more comfortable talking to other people.
- Learn to relax and lighten up – sometimes having a great sense of humor can also be partially influenced by your attitude. Learn to relax and take life lightly. Sometimes, if you’re too serious about every situation in life, you’ll never be able to have that sense of humor.
- Be prepared to practice your sense of humor – eventually, there will come a time that you have to practice your acquired sense of humor. Start with a gathering of your relatives, friends, and acquaintances. Make sure that you don’t take on a big crowd to avoid the jitters, but instead settle with a group of five to ten individuals.
- Polish your newly acquired skill – practice makes perfect, and that’s also the case with your newly acquired sense of humor. You don’t have to be that guy who shows off every time there’s a gathering, but be sure to practice your skill if you feel it’s appropriate.